June 14, 2015

Two New Wire Statement Necklaces...

I'm still working on the 'something different' I mentioned in my last post, but in the meantime I thought I'd share a few pictures of two more wired statement necklaces I recently finished.


The first is similar to my Industrial Glam Statement Necklace, but I swapped the placement of the pearls and the crystals, and I chose to showcase copper wire in the focal components rather than antique brass.



I think the crystals are a pretty pairing with the copper and definitely continue the 'industrial chic' theme of the first necklace.


All of the components are handmade except for the clasp and the fine antique brass chain draped along the bottom of the necklace.


I created another matching pair of earrings for this necklace as well, but flipped them upside down this time to try something a little different.


I really like the look of the draped chain, and I think it makes these earrings feel a little less fancy than the last pair.


It makes for a beautiful, sparkling statement set--perfect with jeans and flats or a dress and heels!

Now for the second necklace:


This necklace was mostly inspired by the color scheme found in this Noonday Collection necklace.


I was tinkering with a new wire focal component, and while I don't love this shape (it's too similar to my last one), I really wanted to create a necklace pairing teal, cobalt, and fuchsia, so I put the 'test' wire shapes to use.


I really, really love this mix of glass pearls, agate, howlite, and (dyed) jade beads--the colors set each other off perfectly. Not to mention this combo has all of my favorite colors in one place.


All of the components are handmade except for the clasp and the fine silver chain.


This necklace screams boho summer to me. I wish I'd made some matching earrings!



I can't wait to give this necklace a spin!

What colors are your favorites to mix together? What do you think of the 'industrial chic' style? I'd love to know.

Sarah


Linking up with:

Motivational Monday at Curly Crafty Mom
Show and Tell Link Party at Flamingo Toes
Worthwhile Wednesday at Crafty Allie
Your Whims Wednesday at My Girlish Whims
Friday Finds at Minted Strawberry
Link Party Palooza at I Heart Naptime

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got a question or comment? My ear is yours.