April 7, 2014

Silver and Turquoise Fringe Earrings


Turquoise has been pretty 'in' the last couple of summers. It works beautifully with gold or silver, and has a lovely rustic vibe when paired with copper. Turquoise is often associated with southwestern jewelry, which I think has heightened its usage in current tribal trends. So, I decided it was time to add some turquoise jewelry to my own collection. Of course, the stones I used are not actually turquoise--that stuff is SPENDY. Instead I used some much less expensive howlite beads dyed to resemble turquoise. And I think they do the trick just fine.


I love the fun dangly fringe and the way the earrings swing. They are just the perfect size--not too long, but definitely noticeable.


The earring itself is fairly simple in design, but the fringe adds plenty of personality. I reworked the fringe a few times before I was satisfied with it, so there are multiple layers going on between wrapped chain, beads, and dangles. I really wanted to create the look of intricate, detailed metal work.


All in all I think these are a fun pair of light and breezy earrings, perfect for the sunny desert weather we're supposed to be seeing soon.


What are your thoughts on turquoise? Do you like southwestern jewelry? I'd love to know.

Sarah Marie

Linking up with:
Your Whims Wednesday at My Girlish Whims
We Did It! Wednesday at Sew Much Ado 
Show & Tell at Gingerly Made
Frugal Friday at The Shabby Nest
The Party Bunch at Thirty Handmade Days
Link Party Palooza at Tatertots and Jello
Think Pink Sunday at Flamingo Toes
I Made This and Love It at Make It and Love It


2 comments:

Got a question or comment? My ear is yours.